Fee: $73 ($25 if student qualifies for a fee grant). This nonrefundable enrollment fee covers the cost of the ACT or SAT testing plus talent search participant benefits through the student's eleventh grade year.
Fee Grants: Fee grants are available to students who qualify for free or reduced lunch programs. To provide verification, submit a copy of the student's free or reduced lunch approval paperwork, or reproduce the fee grant request.
- If enrolling online, begin a 7th Grade Talent Search application and check the box that indicates the student qualifies for a fee grant. Then submit the fee grant request. Once Duke TIP has acknowledged the request, pay the reduced fee of $25 by credit card. Fee grant requests may be submitted by:
- emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- faxing to (919) 668-9139, or
- mailing to Duke TIP 7th Grade Talent Search Fee Grant, 1121 West Main Street, Durham, NC 27701.
- If enrolling by paper application, include the request with the application and reduced fee of $25.
Fee information for students who require an exception to standard testing.